Soccer Scissor Move
The soccer scissor move is a great way to fake out defenders, change direction, and create space to shoot or pass.
This move involves quickly crossing one leg over the ball, then quickly crossing the other leg over the ball in the opposite direction. This creates an illusion of going one way, then quickly changing direction to go the other way.
In this article, you will learn step-by-step how to perform the scissors move correctly.
How To Do the Soccer Scissor Move
To execute the Scissors soccer move, you need to be in the right position. Stand facing your opponent with the ball at your feet. Keep your knees bent and your weight on the balls of your feet. Your body should be slightly leaning forward, and your arms should be out to the sides to help with balance.
- Begin by stepping forward with your left foot, as if you’re going to make a pass or a shot.
- Next, quickly swing your right foot around the back of your left foot, as if you’re going to take a step backward.
- Before your right foot touches the ground, quickly swing it back around to the front of your left foot.
- Finally, step forward with your right foot and continue with your play.
To make the Scissors soccer move effective, you need to follow through with your movements. After you complete the move, continue running forward with the ball.
If you’re using the Scissors to get past a defender, be sure to keep the ball close to your feet and be ready to change direction quickly.
It’s an easy but effective move when you can do it naturally. Like any new skill, start off slowly and focus on getting the footwork down before trying to do it quickly.
Once you get the hang of it, you’ll be able to use this move to get past defenders and create scoring opportunities for yourself and your team!
Tips for Perfecting the Scissors Soccer Move
If you want to master the scissors soccer move, it’s important to keep a few tips in mind. Here are some pointers to help you perfect your technique:
- Start slow: When you’re first learning the scissors move, it’s important to take things slowly. Focus on getting the footwork right before you start trying to increase your speed. Once you’ve got the basics down, you can start to build up your speed and intensity.
- Keep your eyes up: One of the most common mistakes that people make when trying to do the scissors move is looking down at the ball. Instead, keep your eyes up and focused on your opponent. This will help you stay aware of what’s happening on the field and make it easier to react to your opponent’s movements.
- Use your arms: Your arms can be a powerful tool when it comes to executing the scissors move. Use them to help you shift your weight and maintain your balance as you move your feet. This will help you stay in control of the ball and keep your opponent guessing.
- Practice, practice, practice: Like any soccer move, the scissors takes time and practice to master. Make sure you’re dedicating enough time to practicing the move every day. The more you practice, the more natural the move will feel and the better you’ll become at executing it in real game situations. Fortunately, this move can be practiced on your own time in your backyard!
By keeping these tips in mind and putting in the time and effort to practice, you’ll be well on your way to mastering the scissors soccer move.
When Should You Use the Scissor Move?
The scissor move in soccer can be used to beat defenders in a variety of situations, including in open space, near the sideline, and in tight spaces. It is a versatile move that can be used to create space for a shot or pass, or to get past a defender and continue dribbling down the field.
Final Thoughts on the Scissor Soccer Move
By now, you should have a good understanding of how to do the scissors soccer move. Remember, the key to successfully executing this move is practice and patience.
Here are some final tips to keep in mind:
- Keep your body low and balanced to maintain control of the ball.
- Use quick, precise movements to deceive your opponent and create space.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different variations of the scissors move to find what works best for you.
- Always be aware of your surroundings and keep your head up to avoid collisions with other players.
With these tips and techniques, you will be well on your way to becoming a skilled soccer player. Good luck!
Frequently Asked Questions
To perform the scissors soccer move, start by dribbling the ball with your dominant foot. Then, step over the ball with your non-dominant foot, making it look like you are going to change direction. Next, quickly bring your dominant foot back around the ball and continue dribbling in the original direction. Practice this move slowly at first and gradually increase your speed as you become more comfortable.
The scissors and pull back soccer moves are similar in that they both involve faking out the defender by making it look like you are changing direction. However, the difference lies in the footwork. The scissors move involves stepping over the ball with one foot and then quickly bringing the other foot around to continue dribbling. The pull back move involves pulling the ball back with the sole of your foot and then quickly pushing it forward again with the same foot.
Yes, the scissors soccer move can be very effective in a game situation if executed properly. It can help you fake out defenders and create space for yourself or your teammates. However, it’s important to remember that the move should be used sparingly and only when it makes sense in the context of the game.