The Ronaldo Chop is a deceptive dribbling technique that can be used to quickly change direction and leave defenders behind. It’s a useful move to have in your arsenal if you want to become a better soccer player.
Named after Cristiano Ronaldo, who popularized it, the soccer move can be used to shake off a defender in a split second.
In this brief article, we’ll explain the steps it takes to do a Ronaldo Chop!
How To Do The Ronaldo Chop
To execute this move, you need to follow a few simple steps. First, you need to be running with the ball towards a defender.
As you approach the defender, plant your non-dominant foot beside the ball and use the inside of your dominant foot to chop the ball behind your non-dominant foot.
Make sure to use the inside of your foot, not the outside or the toe, to chop the ball. This will give you better control over the ball and make it easier to change direction quickly.
As soon as you chop the ball, use your non-dominant foot to push off in the opposite direction. This will give you the space you need to get past the defender and continue running towards the goal.
Remember to practice the from both sides of the field. This will make it easier to use the move in different situations and keep your opponents guessing.
Here are some tips to help you master the Ronaldo Chop:
- Keep your eyes on the ball at all times.
- Use your arms to help you balance and change direction quickly.
- Practice the move at different speeds to improve your control and timing. Go slow at first.
- Use the Ronaldo Chop when you have space to run into, not when you are crowded by defenders.
- Be patient and don’t rush the move. With practice, you will develop the confidence and skill to use it in a game.
Working on the Ronaldo Chop
Here are some tips to work on your Ronaldo Chop.
- Start by practicing the footwork: The Ronaldo Chop requires quick footwork, so you’ll need to practice your footwork before you can master this move. You can start by practicing the basic footwork that is required for this move, such as the step-over and the scissors move.
- Work on your timing: Timing is everything. You need to be able to execute the move quickly and smoothly, so you’ll need to work on your timing. Start by practicing the move slowly and gradually increase your speed as you become more comfortable with the technique.
- Practice with a partner: Practicing with a partner is a great way to improve your skills and get feedback on your technique. Find a friend or teammate who is willing to practice with you and work on the Ronaldo Chop together.
- Watch videos: Watching videos of professional soccer players performing the Ronaldo Chop can be a great way to learn the technique. Look for videos that break down the move step-by-step and watch them carefully to see how the players execute the move. Check out the one below.
- Work on it consistently: Learning the Ronaldo Chop takes time and practice, so don’t get discouraged if you don’t get it right away. Keep practicing and stay patient, and soon you’ll be able to execute this impressive move with ease.
Congratulations! You have learned how to do the Ronaldo Chop, a signature move of the legendary Cristiano Ronaldo. By practicing this move, you can create space and time, outmaneuver defenders, and score more goals.
Remember to start slowly and focus on getting the technique right. Once you are comfortable, increase your speed and incorporate the Ronaldo Chop into your game.
Here are some key takeaways from this article:
- The Ronaldo Chop involves using one foot to shield the ball from a defender while kicking it with the other foot behind your plant leg.
- Changing pace is crucial to making the Ronaldo Chop effective.
- Practicing with cones can help you improve your technique and accuracy.
- The Ronaldo Chop is just one of many moves you can use to improve your dribbling and scoring abilities.
Now that you have mastered the Ronaldo Chop, keep practicing and experimenting with different moves to become an even better soccer player. Good luck on the field!