For active kids (and adults for that matter), finding a healthy breakfast can be challenging.
Cereal is quick and easy but, most, aren’t very good for you.
A full breakfast like eggs, bacon, and fruit can be extremely time consuming. And, as parents, we don’t have the time to make this every morning.
What’s a healthy breakfast that doesn’t take up much time? Enter the avocado English muffin or toast.
How to Make an Avocado English Muffin
The time it takes to make: 4 minutes
- Ripe avocado
- English muffin or toast
- Toppings (optional): honey, salt, pepper
- Toast the English muffin to your desired level of crispiness.
- While the bread is toasting, cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and scoop the avocado into a bowl.
- Smush the avocado with a fork until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the toasted bread.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper or glaze it with some honey
Is it Healthy Though?
Avocado English muffins can be a healthy choice.
Avocado is a good source of healthy fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
English muffins especially the whole-grain kind can provide additional fiber and nutrients. It can also be a good source of carbs which is needed for active soccer players!