Nike Academy Soccer Ball: Review
If you are looking for a high-quality soccer ball that can help you take your game to the next level, the Nike Academy soccer ball is definitely worth considering.
This soccer ball is ideal for:
- Youth soccer players that play with sizes 3, 4 or 5
- Players who want to practice with a match ball but don’t want to spend over $100
I’ve purchased this ball a few times for my son and he continues to love it. I don’t really care that he keeps losing soccer balls but that’s not why we are here!
A great soccer ball for youth soccer players looking to train on their own. This ball feels like a match ball but fraction of the price. Comes in various sizes and colors.
- Made from quality material
- Feels like a match ball but costs much less
- Comes in really cool designs
At first glance, the Nike Academy soccer ball has an eye-catching design but it’s more than just aesthetics.
The molded grooves on the surface of the ball are designed to help you achieve consistent spin and trajectory, making it easier to control the ball during passes and shots. This technology is the same as game balls used each weekend.
Overview of Nike Academy Soccer Ball
As soccer enthusiasts, we know the importance of having a reliable soccer ball for training and games.
The Nike Academy Soccer Ball is a popular choice among players of all levels due to its innovative design, high-quality materials, and optimal size and weight.
The Academy ball from Nike features an innovative design that is geared towards consistent spin when the ball is in the air.
The ball has strategically placed grooves to reduce drag and increase accuracy.
The high-contrast graphics on the ball make it easy to track the ball, even in low-light conditions like indoors or in the evening.
Like most quality soccer balls, this one is constructed using a reinforced rubber bladder that provides a consistent feel and shape retention.
The outer casing of the ball is made from a blend of synthetic leather and rubber, which provides a soft touch and excellent grip.
Material includes: 60% Rubber; 15% Polyurethane; 13% Polyester; 12% EVA
Available Size Options
The Nike Academy Soccer Ball comes in three sizes: 3, 4, and 5. Here are the ideal ages for each size:
- Size 3: 6-8 years old
- Size 4: 9-12 years old
- Size 5: 13 years and older
Pros and Cons of Nike Academy Soccer Ball
What we like about the soccer ball
After using the Nike Academy soccer ball for the last few years, we have found several advantages that make it a great option for players:
- The soft outer casing makes it easier to train for longer periods.
- The grooves on the ball allow for a consistent spin when it is in the air.
- The design and colors on the ball make it easier to play in the evening.
- It feels like a match ball but with a much lower cost.
- The ball is available in multiple sizes, which makes it a great option for players of all ages and skill levels.
What we don’t care for
While this has several advantages, there are also a few disadvantages that players should be aware of:
- The ball may feel slightly heavier than some other soccer balls since it is made from quality material.
- The ball comes flat in a box so you’ll need a pump to inflate it. You’ll also need to use it for some time for it to take its natural shape.
- The ball may be taken by mistake as many youth players train with this ball. I would suggest writing your child’s name on it as soon as it arrives.
Our Final Thoughts on Academy Ball by Nike
My son loves this soccer ball. With all the soccer balls on the market, he continues to gravitate toward this one.
The design and the material of the ball give it a quality look but at half the price of an official match ball.
For any player, coach, or parent, this ball should be considered if you want a soccer ball that is affordable but doesn’t compromise quality.
I can’t guarantee it but I’m assuming that you’ll love this soccer ball!
If you’d like to consider more soccer balls, read our reviews on the Best Soccer Balls.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Nike Academy soccer ball is ideal for youth soccer players ages 6 and older. It’s a great ball that can be used at the grassroots to the elite youth level.
Most likely. Any ball pump will do. Our soccer ball came deflated so we had to pump it up when it arrived.
The ball should be between 8-12 PSI.
No, when it is stored properly, this Nike soccer ball will not lose air quickly.